Friday, June 8, 2018

Wang's Table Haverhill

I haven't been in this part of NE since I used to play in a Saturday pool tournament in Bradford. Today I went to Wang's Table in Haverhill for lunch.


They are located in the restaurant district of Haverhill. I saw Pay Here signs all over the place, and wasn't too happy about that. Then I actually read a sign and realized it was two-hour free parking until 3. I did see people pay. Wang's have some nice outside seating.



It's not a very big place, but it was bright and clean. Sushi bar behind the hostess.



The dining room/bar. They have an enormous selection of single malt whisky, Japanese and Taiwanese whisky, Bourbon and Tequila. Check out the drinks menu on their website.



Here I could ignore the rolled up silverware since you get chopsticks by default. Lunch includes soup, and I went with the H&S. I sort of liked it, it wasn't bad but different. I'm still making up my mind about it, but I will have it again.



I started with an order of Duck Spring Roll (2) (7.50). "Sliced Peking duck, scallion wrapped with shanghai skin in plum sauce". The green parts of the scallions was a bit though. The plum sauce was on the side. Apart from that, it was pretty good, crispy and the duck was tender.



This is the lunch Chirashi (14.95). "Assorted fish over rice". The rice was correctly seasoned and at the right temperature. The fish was fresh, wished the slices were a bit more substantial, but it was a good assortment of fish. Not to happy about two pieces of fake crab. I really like the Tobiko, it seasons the rice. They have White Tuna on the menu, but it correctly identified as Escolar. White Tuna alone cannot be used on a menu after August16, 2016. Mainly because white tuna isn't white.

Address: 46 Washington St, Haverhill, MA 01830 
Phone: (978) 372-0089

No comments:

Post a Comment