Saturday, July 21, 2018

Bronwyn Somerville

After watching Formula 1 Qualifying at Hockenheimring and being informed that Germany eats 800 million Currywurst each year, I needed a wurst myself, so I headed back to Bronwyn in Union Square. Then I learned that going to Union Square in the summer on a Saturday is not a good idea since it's farmers market day.



I did find free parking in my usual location, and it was an enjoyable day for a short walk.



It was a perfect day for dining al fresco. Bronwyn only serves lunch/brunch Sat/Sun.



When I was her for the Sweinhaxe, I spied the Wurst Teller ($16). "2 haus-made sausages, fried eggs, bratkartoffeln, sauerkraut, green salat". The sausages were one Bratwurst and one Currywurst. The currywurst was about twice the length of the bratwurst. Both were really good, but I prefer the currywurst. The eggs were cooked nicely, even if the bottom part of the yolk was solid. Compared to the last time, the potatoes were overcooked and a bit greasy. Serving a "salat" without any dressing is pretty pointless.
Walking back to my car I noticed that Himalayan Kitchen (under new ownership) was serving 8 Mo Mo's for 4.95, so I had to pick up an order. They are expanding their seating area.

Address: 255 Washington St, Somerville, MA 02143
Phone: (617) 776-9900

No comments:

Post a Comment