Thursday, October 25, 2018

BayBerry Cafe Woburn

Not only is BayBerry Cafe in Woburn vegetarian, but they are also vegan, and I'm neither. Despite that, I have had some really delightful lunches here, much to my surprise.



They are located on Main Street but have their own parking lot on the side of the building. There is also an entrance there.



The inside is bright, modern and welcoming.



Lunch comes with Miso soup that, for once, is really tasty. Of course the slices of Shiitake mushrooms help.



For my lunch, I picked the "Malaysian Curry Stew (spicy) W. Soy Protein Carrots, Broccoli & Potatoes". Hold the broccoli. Lunches are $9, and dinners are only a few dollars more. All lunches come with a spring roll and brown rice. I wasn't happy that they put my spring roll in the curry. On previous visits, it was placed on the dry part of the pate. The dipping sauce for the spring roll is really excellent and I suspect that it's made in-house. The curry was excellent and really tasty. I ordered it extra hot and it worked. It's not specified what the soy protein is supposed to emulate, but I went with chicken. It had a very nice texture, The brown rice is on the al dente side, but on the right side. The spring roll in the curry says everything about the service. This was still an excellent lunch, but it wasn't very busy.

Address 502 Main Street, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone number (781) 935-1288

No comments:

Post a Comment