Sunday, December 23, 2018

Summer Shack Cambridge

The Summer Shack in Cambridge is located at the Alewife station. Just to date myself I have to disclose that I went to Jasper Whites original restaurant on the waterfront for his pan-roasted lobster.


Plenty of parking and it's easy to get in and out.


I like it much better this way. I really disliked the wooden tables and communal seating.


A couple of pieces of cornbread arrives promptly.


The staple dishes are listed online, but the rest of the menu changes daily. I started with a cup of bermuda fish & crab chowder with dark rum (7). This was one tasty and flavorful dish. It was really well seasoned and bordered on spicy. The croutons were stale and rock hard.


I took a chance and ordered the chicken & waffles (13). "2 pc fried chicken, scrambled eggs, brunch potatoes". I also got a fruit cup and a Frisée salad that is hiding behind the chicken. I ordered all dark and was informed that it could take 15 minutes to prepare. Not a problem. The chicken came out piping hot and was absolutely delicious. Crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. The scrambled eggs were soft scrambled. the waffle was just a waffle, and the maple syrup was tasty. The brunch potatoes were lukewarm, had the skins left on and was unseasoned. Since I really like honeydew melon, those pieces were unripe. I'll be back for that chicken! Service was friendly.

Address: 149 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Cambridge, MA 02140 Phone: (617) 520-9500

No comments:

Post a Comment