Sunday, December 16, 2018

Urban Hearth Cambridge

I was really unsure if I was going to be able to find a seat at Urban Hearth in Cambridge for brunch. Their Prix Fixe 3 & 5-course dinner has received a lot of accolades.



They are located on Mass Ave before Porter Square. Metered on-street parking only. I found a spot just outside, and that was like a Miracle on Mass Ave.



Much to my surprise, there was plenty of seating available and I got a prime seat at the counter so I could bother the chef with questions. He seemed happy to answer them. There is a communal table to the left.



The inside is very inviting. Max seating is 24 inside and 9 outside.



I have never had a SHAKSHUKA (14) before. "Two eggs coddled in smoky tomato & pepper stew | feta | simple greens or roasted roots". I went with the simple greens, and they were super fresh with a very light dressing. This version of Shakshuka originated in Tunisia. This was an excellent dish with perfectly cooked eggs and a very intense sauce. The sauce was very tomatoey without the tomato overpowering the dish. It was also seasoned remarkably well, and I really enjoyed the meal. The bread is, of course, from Iggy's. Enough said. The chorizo for the breakfast tacos is made in-house. It always amazes me how small the kitchen area is.

Address: 2263 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140 Phone: (617) 682-7295

No comments:

Post a Comment