Sunday, March 31, 2019

Mortadella Head Somerville

Mortadella Head is really in Davis Square and has posted some really gorgeous pictures on IG. One sandwich had me do a double take when I saw it.



It's Sunday, so parking is free, but it was tricky to find a spot today.



It's small with only four four-tops available for dining in.



They sell slices of pizza for about $5 each. It's really squares, and they were big.



The sandwich was the Calamari Poor Ragazzo (13). "Fried calamari, garlic butter, pecorino, banana peppers, shredded lettuce, marinated tomato, garlic aioli, Calabrian chili mayo". Yup, a fried calamari sandwich, who would ever dream up a thing like this? I got the house made chips as my side, and the chips were very very crispy. The sandwich was excellent apart from the tentacles that were so overcooked that they weren't edible. After picking them off, there were enough rings for me to enjoy the sandwich. Of course the rings didn't stay crispy, but at least they were tender. It was a really tasty sandwich. I spoke to the manager after I was finished and he offered to make me a new one or give me a refund, so kudos to him for that. I declined since I had finished the sandwich. Reading online reviews it seems prices started at $12, went $17, much outcrying, went to $13. 

Address: 20 College Ave, Somerville, MA 02144 Phone: (617) 996-6680

No comments:

Post a Comment