Saturday, March 30, 2019

Tasty Cafe On The Hill Medford

Tasty Cafe On The Hill is located in Medford even if I think of this area as being in Somerville, but what do I know? I have been here before for their Francesinha's, and I made the mistake of ordering the traditional that comes with "steak". The "steak" was so overcooked I had to leave it. The rest of the sandwich was OK, but it was expensive.


There is free parking further down the street, and I think that you can park in the church lot as well. Otherwise, you have to use the infernal parking meters.



The front counter has been completely redone.



They now have the Francesinha as a half sandwich for $8.95. This time I went for the tasty burger. "burger, american cheese, ham, linguica, bacon, red onion, fried egg". "topped with house sauce and served with shoestring fries". This took 40 minutes to arrive. How is this even possible and they weren't that busy? The hamburger was rare, I was never asked, the egg was overcooked, the linguica was dry, and there was one thin slice of bacon included. The red onions didn't make it. The sauce is very tasty. I liked the fries but didn't like the trice fried old bits of fries that was mixed in. You can read more on the origin of the Francesinha HERE. It was OK but 40 minutes? I wasn't impressed by the service either. After I had been sitting at a table for a while, the waitress asked if I was eating in. No, I'm just sitting here decorating.

Address: 321 Boston Ave, Medford, MA 02155 Phone: +1-781-219-3269

No comments:

Post a Comment