Friday, March 8, 2019

Summer Shack Cambridge

I was a bit hesitant to go back to the Summer Shack in Cambridge for their Dine Out Boston offerings since my last visit was so bad that I didn't even write a blog about it.


Plenty of parking but the signage is very confusing. They have free parking.



They offer a three-course lunch menu for $25. This year it was quite extensive. I started with the “R.I. Style” Fried Local Calamari with garlic butter, cherry peppers & red sauce. The calamari was cooked nicely, but there was just about the same amount of peppers as calamari. It was also pretty greasy.



I followed this up with "Beer Bettered Fish & Chips with tartar sauce, coleslaw & french fries". This is a cut and paste. Unfortunately, this arrived about 2 minutes after my appetizer. The fish was cooked perfectly, and the batter was crispy and light. At least it was crispy on top, the fish could have been drained a bit better. This is the stupidest way to serve fish and chips since as soon as you cut into the fish, it starts dropping bits of fish into the fries. And how are you supposed to salt your fries? I moved the slaw and the tartar sauce off the plate and put the fish there. The fries were fantastic. This must be the best fish and chips I have had in a long time. Actually, there is a stupider way of serving fish and chips, and that is to put it in a basket.



For dessert, it said "Pie of the day. Ask your server". Turns out it was any of the available pies, so I picked the Pecan Pie to go since I was stuffed. The Pie was excellent and really tasty even if the crust in the back was dry. 
The hostess was going to seat me in Siberia, so I took a high top in the bar instead.

Address 149 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Cambridge, MA 02140 Phone number (617) 520-9500

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the plating but glad you enjoyed it and the fish is moist because it is spiced beforehand also the 3 course meal was unfortunately for a limited time but getting that three course meal with amazing chowder wouldn't be bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes absolutely no sense "fish is moist because it is spiced beforehand"

      Delete