Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Garcia Brogan's Lowell

I have been to the Garcia Brogan's in Waltham and since I was in the area, I decided to check out their Lowell location for lunch today. Neither of the websites mentions that there is only a very limited lunch menu available.



They look very sleek and modern from the outside. On street metered parking only and I paid with a CC and they promptly charged me for 2 hours of parking with no choice of selecting a shorter duration. This might have been good since my lunch took forever.



Big dining room to the right as you get in. This was not used during lunch and that makes sense.



Lunch was offered in the nice and bright bar area. The bartender also handled all the tables and she might have been a bit overwhelmed even if the lunch rush was over when I got there.



Since this is a Mexican/Irish establishment, you get chips and salsa. The salsa was OK but had a lot of tomatoes in it. Not too excited about the chips, even if they were fresh they kind of tasted stale.



On the very limited lunch menu I spotted a cup of soup and half a sandwich deal for $6! I knew from Waltham that their sandwiches were huge so I went for this deal. For my soup, I picked the CHIPOTLE BAJA CHOWDER. "Cajun spiced jumbo shrimp, chopped clams, potatoes, roasted corn" and the ROASTED JALAPENO CAESAR WRAP for my sandwich. "Romaine, queso fresco, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, jalapeno Caesar dressing." The chowder was excellent, really nice and spicy with good sized bits of shrimp in there. The wrap had tons of tender chicken with just a bit of romaine wrapped around the chicken. The dressing could have used more jalapenos since it was very mild. Can't beat this for lunch especially for the price.



I also ordered the GUACAMOLE ($2 Small). "Made fresh, In-house with jalapenos, onions, cilantro, lime juice and tomatoes, topped with queso fresco and roasted corn." How can you beat this for $2? Really nicely made guacamole and very tasty but again I think the jalapenos was missing. The waitress forgot to put this in with my order but promptly brought it out when I mentioned it. The good benefit of this was that she also forgot to charge me for it.

Garcia Brogan's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment