Thursday, August 10, 2017

Gaslight Lynnfield

I checked the Boston Dine Out menu online before heading out to Gaslight in Lynnfield, and it looked so good that I scheduled two visits. When I got there I was handed a completely different menu. Turns out that the dinner menu was listed as the lunch menu. No wonder $20 seemed such a good deal for a three-course lunch (that turned out to be a two-course deal).


They now have the outside set up for al fresco dining. More interior pictures from my previous visit here.


You get a crusty baguette with something spreadable. It was nice in the shade outside today.


From the surprise menu, I picked Jamón Serrano. "Iced Watermelon, Arugula, Goats Milk Feta & Port Syrup". This was a very pleasant dish and very tasty.


That was followed by Wedge and Steak. "Sliced Steak, Iceberg, Tomato, Pickled Red Onion, Bacon Bits & Great Hill Blue Cheese dressing". The steak was overcooked, so back it went. Their second attempt to cook a rare steak came out medium, but now I have given up and accepted it. The wedge was nice and very tasty and the dressing was very good, but the bacon bits was just bacon dust, but I guess that qualifies as bits, albeit very small bits. The steak was tender and seasoned well. Not a bad meal, even if wasn't what I expected. Yes, I did tell them.

Address 1100, Market Street, Lynnfield, MA 01940
Phone number (781) 334-3433

No comments:

Post a Comment