Monday, February 26, 2018

Tavern in the Square Burlington

I did get my free birthday appetizer from Tavern in the Square in Burlington, and it was valid for the whole of February, so I was running out of time. This is worth signing up for, and you don't get tons of emails.



The one-way arrows seem to be largely ignored, so be careful.



For my free appetizer, I picked the Fried Calamari (14). "Pickled Green Tomatoes, harissa aioli". They looked suspiciously dark when they arrived, but turned out to perfectly cooked. The aioli was tasty, and I really like the green tomatoes, it was a nice twist. I just wished the tomatoes bits were larger. It was hard to get both at the same time.



This is basically the Banh Mi without the bread. Lamb Meatballs (8). "Vietnamese pickles, sriracha lime aioli". They come out medium, and that really surprised me. The waitress assured me it was intentionally. They were OK, but the lamb was very mild and could have been beef. The sauce was also very mild, and it wasn't exactly an abundance of pickles. It took some doing, but I now have a card linked to my account.

Address 1 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803 
Phone number (781) 272-9000

No comments:

Post a Comment