Sunday, February 25, 2018

Horseshoe Grille North Reading

On this rainy Sunday, I headed out for my first visit to Horseshoe Grille in North Reading.



They have been in business for 90 years and four generations. In 2005 the old building was razed, and the current restaurant was erected. To the right is a function room that today held a baby shower.



The dining area looked really good.



I decided to take a high top in the very pleasant bar area so I could keep an eye on the baby shower in the next room.



Since they have a history of being a BBQ restaurant, I ordered the BBQ SAMPLER (12.5). "Smoked pulled pork, st. louis ribs, pulled chicken". This is a cut and paste from their online menu. The pulled pork was cold and lacked the smoke. It was tender, but there was no bark present. The ribs were, unfortunately, fall off the bone, and lacked both the smoke ring and the smoke flavor. In fact, they only tasted of the BBQ sauce, but they did have a nice bark. The melon was dry and unripened. The best thing was the pulled chicken that was tasty and tender. They don't have any lunch specials or even a lunch menu.



I also ordered the Loaded Tater Tots (5). They looked good and comes with a spicy ketchup. It was not spicy. Unfortunately, the potatoes were undercooked and they were also dry, despite containing cheese and bacon. When I mentioned the undercooked potatoes to the waitress, she promptly took them off the bill.



After I paid the bill, this arrived since this was my first time here. A couple of pieces of cornbread with two spreads. I also got an envelope with their different menus and $5 gift card. I have never encountered this before and thought it was a really nice gesture. The service was very pleasant.

Address 226 Main St, North Reading, MA 01864
Phone number (978) 664-3591

No comments:

Post a Comment