Thursday, April 12, 2018

Acapulcos Beverly

Acapulcos are a small NE chain that now has 10 locations, down from 12 in Dec '15. I have been to their Sudbury location and wasn't impressed by either the inside or the food. I decided to visit their Beverly location today for lunch.



They are located so close to the entrance that I completely missed them until I went all the way around. They even have a patio available.



Big bar area. I was greeted with a curt "are you all set?" and I have no clue how to respond to that. Of course I'm not all set, I'm standing next to a wait to be seated sign.



The dining area. They also have a similar sized space on the other side of the entrance. It was bright and the booths were in good condition.



Naturally, you get chips and salsa. The (cold) chips were OK, but the salsa was really good. Chunky and fragrant from herbs with a bit of heat.



I find that a Chili Verde ($11.25) really shows off the restaurant. "Chunks of pork loin cooked until tender in a mild green tomatillo sauce of green peppers, onions, cilantro and spices". Another good indicator is their refried beans. The refried beans were just OK. To my surprise, the rice was really tasty. The pork was very tender but could have used some more seasoning during the braising. The tomatillo sauce could have used some more tomatillos. It needed a tad more acidity. You also get three tortillas to go with your meal. Despite me nitpicking here, it was overall a really tasty dish, and I was happy with my lunch. Not too happy that their CC system was down, and neither was the waiter. Frome their entrance I could see Early Harvest that is also on my list.

900 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA 01915
Phone: (978) 232-0100

No comments:

Post a Comment