Monday, April 2, 2018

Ocean Sushi Melrose

I already knew that Ocean Sushi in Melrose does good sushi from a previous visit, but how is the food from the kitchen? Time to find out on this snowy Monday.



There is plenty of parking behind the restaurant, and there is also an entrance there.



You get two apps with your lunch. Tempura Crabstick and a Spring Roll were my choices. The (fake) crabstick are not bad, and the spring roll was crunchy, but the filling was just cabbage.



From the smallish lunch menu, I picked the Katsu (10). "Choose pork or chicken deep fried with flour, egg & bread crumb, serves with katsu sauce, white rice, carrots, broccoli". This is from the online menu, the real menu also had an option of curry sauce. I went with the pork katsu and the curry sauce. It was a very nice piece of cutlet, juicy and crispy. The curry sauce was excellent, chockful of potatoes, carrots and onions. It also had a hint of heat. This is your standard Japanese curry, but I like it. The cutlet managed to stay somewhat crispy even after I poured the curry over it. This was a really tasty lunch, and I'll be happy to have this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment