Saturday, December 8, 2018

Anthony's Stoneham

Anthony's Italian Specialties in Stoneham is world-famous in Stoneham for being home to the Large Italian. I'm not really a sandwich guy, but I have heard so many good things about this place, that I had to try it. Update: I have since regained my sense of normality and realized that this Italian is terrible. All low-quality meats. Where are the good cured meats? Quantity does NOT equal quality. MB does a better one for five bucks.



Anthony's are located on Main Street so it's either street parking or the municipal lot around the corner.



There are a few tables available and also counter seating next to the windows. I believe that the smiling guy is Anthony. Everybody was really friendly.



All the meats and cheeses are cut to order.



The Large Italian with Everything (9.95). I'm not sure what the Everything includes but there were a relish and tomatoes. This must have been 2 lbs of stuff, it was massive. It was tasty, but I think, for me, this was one of the: "Been there done that" deals. It was almost impossible to eat due to all the meat and cheese, and the "Everything" ended up on one side. I'll have the rest for dinner using a knife and fork. They do have a lobster salad special on Fridays, and I might try that.


This is how loaded it was. I added mayo to the bread and mustard to the meat. Still have 1/3 left.

Address: 408 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 438-9840

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend trying their chicken parm sub the next time you venture there. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete