Sunday, December 9, 2018

Olde Magoun's Saloon Somerville

When Nift gives me a $20 off voucher to Olde Magoun's Saloon in Somerville, I go.



They are located in, surprise, Magoun Square. On-street metered parking only and it can be hard to find a spot.



It's a bar, and it was packed and loud as expected.



I started with a cup of Wicked Magoun’s Chili (5) from the brunch menu. "Loaded with steak, hamburger, kielbasa & sausage with melted jack cheese, topped with sour cream". Hold the sour cream. The chips were stale. The small cup of chili was a bit too sweet for me and also lacked the chili part. Unfortunately, the next dish arrived after I had just a couple of spoons of the chili.



This was followed by Country Biscuits & Gravy (13). "Thick peppery white gravy smothered over homemade sausage patty and homemade biscuits, 2 fried egg". No potatoes but each tower contained a whole biscuit. One egg was overcooked, and one was runny, but both were crispy. The sausage patties were very good and tasty. I wouldn't call the gravy thick, but it was peppery. They were super busy, so the service suffered a bit.

Address: 518 Medford St, Somerville, MA 02145 Phone: (617) 776-2600

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I hope you go back and try their burgers. That is what they do as their "specialty" and I think the only thing they focus on... Well, that and lots and lots of beer. It is a fun place to go to watch the Patriots game. The hummus is pretty dreadful. I'm glad you reviewed their brunch, because I've never had it --- and will definitely skip it.

    ReplyDelete