Saturday, February 24, 2018

Garcia Brogan's Waltham

Armed with a Groupon+ for 50% off (max $10) I headed out to Garcia Brogan's Cantina Pub & Restaurant in Waltham.



There is now on-street parking just outside, and I don't remember that from previous visits. This is a place that can't make up its mind if it's Irish or Mexican. It wasn't really warm enough to have the windows open.



It's a Bar or maybe a Cantina.



You get cold and slightly stale chips with more salsa than I could ever use. A good Irish tradition, this.



I mentioned to the waitress that I missed the guacamole appetizer, and she promptly said: "I can get you one". This surprised me since it's gone from both the lunch menu and the dinner menu. It used to be $2 for a small, and it's now $4 for the same size. it was good but could have done with some seasoning.


I ordered the CUBANO ($11). "Pulled pork, swiss cheese, diced pickles, yellow mustard, caramelized onions, sourdough". The waitress called the Potato Vedges fries. The disced pickles didn't make it, they could have offset the sweetness of the caramelized onions. What does this have in common with a real Cubano? Nothing, apart from containing pork and mustard. The Potato Wedges were excellent, crispy on the outside and soft and potatoey on the inside. This wasn't really a hit. I also ordered the Caesar Wrap to go, with the jicama slaw. The waitress asked if I wanted that on the side? This threw me for a second, I mean where else could it go? I then just said yes. Theis sorry excuse for a Cubano also took about half hour to arrive, and my order was the first for the kitchen.

Address 240 Moody Street, Waltham, Boston, MA
Phone number (781) 790-8133

No comments:

Post a Comment